Thursday, November 5, 2015

REVIEW: Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup

Do you have oily skin, but still looking for that foundation that's going to give you a dewy finish without looking like a disco ball? Are you sick of your matte foundations that end up looking flat and makes your skin look dull? Are you in need of decent coverage without the heavy and cakey feel?

Look no further, because today's product on review might just work for you. I'm talking about the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup (Php 1,900). This foundation's label is a mouthful! And amazeballs!


I got mine in the shade Petal. While I was looking at swatches online, Champagne seemed a better shade match for me. Fortunately, I decided to actually buy this from a Benefit store and was able to compare Petal and Champagne. If I had neutral skin tone, Champagne would have matched me to a T. But, I have warm undertones, so I went with Petal. I thought it was going to look horrendously light on me. But it didn't, it actually worked quite well.

It comes in a plastic smoked bottle. (Is that how you call it? Like smoked glass because it's not clear? Whatever, you see the picture, lol.) It doesn't feel cheap at all and it's actually good, because if you drop the bottle at least you know it won't break. It has a pump, so plus points for that!

This foundation has a light to medium coverage, leaning more on light. If you have clear skin, this would work fantastic on you. It's buildable, but, come on, in this humid Philippine climate, it's not advisable to go beyond two layers. It'll just melt right off. By the way, I apply this foundation with a brush, because the texture is runny and I don't want to use a damp sponge as that will be a waste of product (this one ain't cheap! Lol). 



Since I've mentioned before that I have a new skin care routine that works very efficiently for me, I've been enjoying this foundation recently because of that. It gives you this natural, dewy finish that looks like skin, only better. I'm very conscious about my oily skin though, so I do blot. The formula is oil free and non comedogenic, so this shouldn't break y'all out with acne prone skin.

Longevity wise, this foundation wears really well throughout the day. It felt so lightweight, even after wearing it for a good nine hours. You know how some foundations feel heavy and sticky after being worn for a very long time? You're not going to get that icky feeling with this one.

And did I mention this one has SPF 25 PA+++?! That's a mighty boast of high level UVA protection! If this thing wasn't too heavy on the pockets, I would totally wear it everyday! (Well, yeah, I actually just interchange it with my BB cream depending on where I'm going hehe.)




And so:


  1. Price point: 5/10. Why, oh why, do US brand cosmetics have to be so fucking expensive here in the Philippines?! If I bought this in its US price, it would be totally justifiable, but here, it's just expensive.
  2. Packaging: 10/10. Gotta give it a ten. It has a pump. The bottle is basically unbreakable. It doesn't gather dust. In spite of its plastic packaging, it still looks like a high end product, as it should.
  3. Formula: 9/10. I get it, generally oily skinned gals aren't fans of a dewy finish. But sometimes, I get tired of my matte and satin formula foundations. I want to be able to sport that luminous glow without looking like a grease ball and this product was able to give me just that. I need to blot, but you really need to do that if you have a temperamental two year old toddler who sometimes throws fits if you don't carry her around.
  4. Longevity: 9/10. It didn't feel like it was clogging my pores after being worn for hours at a time, not like most foundations wherein you feel like you're going to break out at the end of the day lol. I did notice it breaking down at the sides of my nose. It wasn't very noticeable, really, unless you looked closely into the mirror. 
VERDICT:
8.5

If you have money to spend, I do recommend this product. And this is a foundation, so it's worth investing in. You could have a dozen cheap lipsticks, but when it comes to foundations (and concealers), go ahead and splurge for the quality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment