Saturday, August 15, 2015

Back to Basics: Nature Republic Botanical Concealer

I have a lot of concealers. I'm a self-confessed concealer junkie. Whenever I have good skin, I skip the foundation and just spot conceal instead. Also, I really have bad panda eyes that make me look tired and hungover if I don't cover them up. I think concealers are a must have in every beginner's makeup kit. It's also among my top three makeup products (brow pencil comes second and third is lip balm) I simply cannot live without.

The Nature Republic Botanical Concealer (Php 395) was my first liquid concealer when I was just starting to build my collection. I decided to buy a Korean product, because everyone knows their skincare lines are out of this world so I thought maybe they'd have a concealer that's good for my dehydrated under eye area. I also got hooked on the word "botanical" and I have a thing for using natural products on my face. And, come on, the brand's Nature Republic, you'd think they were using all things organic (are they?!).



I have it in the shade 23 Natural Beige, their "darkest" shade, and it is reeeeaaallyyyy light for my NC30 skin tone. It has peachy undertones that I noticed when I first swatched it on my hand so I thought this would work great. It comes in a white little tube package, you just need to squeeze out the product which is okay. Mine is a bit discolored now since I've had this for several months now (I think I've had it for a year now). 




(Photos taken in natural light)

As you can see in the photo, this shade is too light for me. And dare I say a bit cakey too?

I really can't use this for spot concealing. I'd probably look like a speckled egg if I did. I did use this for my under eye area. It was fairly okay, but after a few hours, it was just not pretty because it turned ashy on me. It didn't matter how I applied it, I could use my fingers or a brush or a sponge, it always, always emphasizes the grayness of my under eyes. Erm, I want to conceal it, not feature it. And, oh boy, did it feel like it was sucking the life out of my under eye. It was drying as hell!

It is great for highlighting though. This is my go to concealer when carving out my brow bone area for those sharply defined brows. *Eyebrows on fleek!* And it does not budge, it does not crease. Once it's on, it's going to stick and you'll want an oil-based makeup remover to take it off completely.

Korean products are usually a hit or miss for me and, unfortunately, this one was a miss. Unless you're fair, if you're looking for a good concealer, save your money and skip this one.

Nature Republic is available in the Philippines in the following locations: SM North Edsa, SM Megamall, SM Fairview, Festival Mall Muntinlupa, Fairview Terraces, and Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall. They also have kiosks in Wellworth, Fairview Terraces, Landmark Trinoma Dept. Store, and Landmark Makati Dept. Store.

Their website link is: http://naturerepublic.com.ph/

0 comments:

Post a Comment